Collecting Information Online
Your privacy is important to us and we believe in providing you with full disclosure about the kinds of information we gather and what we do with it while you visit our website. We gather non-personal data about your experience in the following ways:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. They are not harmful to your device, cannot compromise your personal information in any way, and do not contain viruses, spyware or malware. They are used to track long-term browsing history and store data on the types of information viewed on our website. They are not required for optimum use of our website. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- “Google Analytics” reports website traffic to website owners and reports on many user factors, including session duration, pages per session, etc. To opt out of Google Analytics tracking your information, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), pages visited and date/time stamps.
- “Pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the website.
Evening Design does not collect, sell, rent or otherwise distribute email addresses or other information gathered in the above-mentioned ways.
At Evening Design, we recognize the importance of privacy and the sensitivity of personal information that we may have concerning our clients and other individuals associated with the company.
Evening Design is required to manage personal information in compliance with the federal privacy law, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
What is personal information?
Personal information is defined as identifiable data about an individual, and includes name, date of birth, home address, home phone number, personal email address, ID numbers, personal financial information, credit card numbers, educational qualifications, medical information and social insurance numbers.
In Saskatchewan, business contact information (such as office address, job title, business phone number, business email address or business fax number) is not considered personal information.
What do we do with personal information?
We collect, use and disclose personal information to meet our clients' needs. For example, we may need to collect, use, or disclose personal information:
- to establish, manage or terminate our relationship with you;
- to assist you with immediate and ongoing needs;
- to ensure accuracy of information;
- to provide customer support;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to enable us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- to enable us to analyze market conditions; and
- to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (unless you have opted not to receive such information).
The specific purposes for collection, use and disclosure of personal information depends on the nature of your needs and may change during the course of our relationship.
We do not disclose or sell your personal information or business contact information to third parties under any circumstances.
How do we collect it?
We collect, use and disclose personal information by lawful, fair and reasonable means, and only for lawful, fair and reasonable purposes. When possible, we collect personal information directly from the individual to whom the information relates.
We may ask you for consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information at the start of or during the course of our business relationship. We may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where required or permitted by law, regulation, or the Rules of the Law Society of Saskatchewan. By providing your personal information and continuing to work with us, your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of information in accordance with this Policy is implied.
When third parties are involved in the collection, use or disclosure of our clients' personal information (such as insurance providers, medical professionals, financial institutions or contract service providers), we will request your consent, unless there is reasonable circumstance to consider that your consent is implied.
At any time, you may refuse to allow Evening Design to collect, use or disclose your personal information, but you must advise our office promptly, and, as a result, we may not be able to provide services to you. If you have questions or concerns about your personal information or this Policy, we encourage you to contact our Privacy Officer.
How do we manage your personal information?
The staff at Evening Design are aware of this policy and the importance of keeping your personal information accurate and secure.
Evening Design endeavours to maintain proper:
- Security: Keep your personal information technologically and physically secure from loss, theft or unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- Retention: Retain personal information only as long as required to meet the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
Can you access your personal information?
You may request correction(s) or access to the personal information we have about you. The request must be in writing and directed to our Privacy Officer. We may charge a reasonable fee for retrieval and copying of your personal information.
Access to your personal information will be denied if access would disclose personal information about a third party, or where denial is permitted or required by law. Access to your personal information may be denied if it relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings against you.
How do we respond to your specific privacy concerns?
If you have questions or concerns regarding your personal information or about this Policy, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective: May 31, 2021